5 KITCHEN RENOVATION PROJECTS TO INCREASE HOME SALE VALUE
CONSIDER THESE TOP 5 KITCHEN RENOVATION IDEAS TO GET MAXIMUM VALUE FOR YOUR HOME SALE
Getting ready to list your home on the market? Is it ready to impress and fetch you top dollar? Kitchen renovations are known to increase the value of a home for sale. While you declutter the rooms, refresh the walls and dress up your home for showings, consider these smart makeovers that will make potential buyers fall in love.
KITCHEN RENOVATION PROJECTS THAT INFLUENCE YOUR HOME SALE VALUE
From seasoned hosts and avid cooks, to busy families and empty nesters, you may attract a range of potential buyers with different tastes. Since the kitchen is the heart of the home, even minor tweaks or modifications in this space are likely to fetch you high returns on your investment. However, any makeovers before listing your home on the market will depend on the size of your kitchen and the budget available for upgrades.
Here’s a look at 5 different scenarios for kitchen renovation projects that will stretch your dollar and maximize your home sale value.
- For a healthy budget: A recent study suggests that certain features, such as a chef’s kitchen, a farmhouse sink, or a Carrara marble countertop will fetch up to 20% more in your home sale value. Besides, who wouldn’t like a chef’s kitchen? If you have a healthy budget, go for a complete transformation. In addition to changing the cabinetry, installing new countertops and backsplash, redoing the flooring, and painting the walls, you can also consider:
- Installing high-end appliances with smart features and controls
- Adding a pot-filler, a wine fridge and an additional oven
- Upgrading to a farmhouse sink, or a double sink with stylish faucets
- For a conservative budget: If your priority is saving up for your next home, you can limit renovations to a few upgrades and modifications:
- Paint or refinish the cabinets and swap out old hardware with modern pieces
- Add under-cabinet lighting
- Replace the existing light fixtures with updated designs
- Upgrade the backsplash and countertops
- For a tight budget: If your pre-home-sale renovation project is on a shoestring budget, you can:
- Give your kitchen walls a fresh coat of paint
- Paint or stain the cabinets
- Add small potted plants or a hanging basket near the window
- Declutter the countertops and create as much workspace as possible (a key feature that most potential buyers desire)
- For compact kitchens: In a smaller home, your kitchen may also be quite compact. Create an illusion of space and ensure that the kitchen offers maximum functionality. Consider these renovation ideas:
- Expand your countertop for additional workspace and seating, while eliminating the eat-in dining table and chairs
- Extend cabinets up to the ceiling to increase storage
- Add ample lighting and choose lighter shades of paint
- Incorporate smart storage ideas in your cabinetry and island
- For large kitchens: Optimize the available square footage with practical, family-friendly solutions. Look at incorporating functional elements, such as:
- A breakfast nook with comfortable bench seating
- A large island that makes a statement and serves as additional workspace
- A dedicated wall or section within the kitchen for growing fresh herbs
- Update your kitchen furniture to suit your home’s style—classic, contemporary or rustic
NAIL YOUR MAKEOVER WITH SANTA CLARA VALLEY KITCHEN RENOVATION EXPERTS
At California Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers, we are passionate about re-designing kitchens and installing smart solutions that offer attractive, functional spaces. Invest in our creative ideas, skilled workmanship and quality finishes to earn top dollar on your home sale. We are respectful of timelines and budgets and aim for your complete satisfaction.
Since 1994, we have served happy homeowners across Santa Clara Valley, including in Willow Glen, San Jose, Almaden, Cambrian, Santa Clara, Los Gatos and Los Altos Hills, CA. Read these testimonials to understand our commitment to customer service.
Call CBKR, your kitchen remodeling contractor at 408-360-9700 or contact us online to schedule an in-home consultation. We can discuss a range of kitchen renovation ideas to stretch your dollar and maximize your home sale value.