TIPS TO MODERNIZE YOUR KITCHEN
EXPERT TIPS TO STYLE YOUR FAMILY’S SANCTUARY
You’re always looking for the latest entertaining ideas, the newest recipes to try, the most exciting cocktails to create, but, does your kitchen look and feel outdated? Modernize your kitchen and feel inspired to do more of those activities you enjoy. With creative use of color and materials, modern appliances and a functional layout, you can make this room look new and inviting. There are endless ways to create a space your family, guests and prospective home buyers will absolutely love! Our experienced team has plenty of innovative ideas and we are happy to share some valuable tips to successfully update your kitchen.
MODERN KITCHEN RENOVATION – IDEAS AND RECOMMENDED PROCESS
- Create a plan: The first step is to outline your family’s habits and lifestyle. For example, do your children sit down with their homework in the kitchen? Is this the place where the family gathers for meals and conversation? Are you likely to entertain here? Thinking about the different functions and the flow of your kitchen will help you select a design that suits your family’s unique needs.
- Choose the right layout: Your ideal kitchen must have a layout that works for you. Galley, one-wall, U-shaped, L-shaped—there are several layouts from which to choose. The size of your room and functional efficiency are critical factors in the decision-making process. While the kitchen triangle (sink, cook top and refrigerator) is an important consideration, you also want easily accessible storage. The latest trend is to create work zones (preparation, cooking, baking, etc.) in your kitchen. This simply means having everything you need for that specific task, close at hand.
- Pick a color: A monochromatic scheme works well for modern designs. You can vary the tones, tints, sheen and texture for visual interest. An all-white kitchen has been a favorite for years, however, subtle shades of blue and grey are now gaining popularity. If you want to stay neutral but add a pop of color, choose a wall, storage cabinet section, kitchen island, or the seating to bring in that variety.
- Use modern materials: Minimalistic cabinetry with glass and metallic accents are characteristic of the sleek modern style. Swap out wooden cabinet fronts for glass or open shelving. Install new appliances that are the right size for your kitchen.
- Invest in a classy countertop: It is the first thing most people notice, so splurge a little on this feature. While you want a material that is hardy, you don’t need to sacrifice style for function. Quartz, for instance, is a durable man-made material that is also easy to maintain.
- Install new flooring: This is one feature that can keep your room stuck in the past. Wood flooring, or materials that resemble wood, are in. In fact, tile that looks like wood is a ‘hot’ trend. Waterproof vinyl, laminate or natural stone are other options you can consider.
HIRE SANTA CLARA’S KITCHEN RENOVATION EXPERTS
At California Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers, we are passionate about what we do. You will never have to worry about material quality or workmanship. We do a clean job, deliver the results you want and stay within your kitchen renovation budget. Our happy customers agree!
Since 1994, we have served a growing roster of homeowners in the Santa Clara Valley including in Willow Glen, San Jose, Almaden, Cambrian, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Los Altos Hills, CA with exemplary skills and customer service.
Call 408-360-9700 or contact us online to schedule an in-home consultation. Let’s discuss the best ways to modernize your kitchen.