A Great Kitchen Designer Starts with YOUR Lifestyle and Needs
Kitchen Transformations Need More than Just Vision and Skill
Planning a makeover for your kitchen in Santa Clara Valley? Translating your vision into reality while staying within budget is not always an easy task. Your dream kitchen needs a designer who can offer creative, affordable and quality solutions that suit your lifestyle and preferences. As you compare quotes, consider these aspects that make for a great kitchen designer.
Top Qualities of a Great Kitchen Designer
A great kitchen designer is one who is not just skilled and creative, but also efficient, resourceful, thoughtful and innovative. Look for these qualities while selecting a designer and hire someone who:
- Takes time to understand your lifestyle: Great kitchens are functional enough to reflect your personal preferences, without compromising on style and quality. An efficient kitchen designer will start by gaining an in-depth understanding of your lifestyle and requirements, such as:
- Cooking preferences: What are the typical ingredients you use? What are your preferred cooking methods (baking, grilling, stovetop, etc.)?
- Space requirements: How many and which gadgets and appliances do you need? What are your requirements for pots, pans and pantry size?
- Other preferences: Do you use your kitchen exclusively for cooking, or is it an extended space for family hangouts and kids’ homework? Do you entertain friends and family in the kitchen, or in your formal dining and living spaces?
- Reimagines spaces: You may or may not be able to change the size of your kitchen. However, a resourceful designer will offer creative space utilization through:
- Ideas for maximizing your current cook space
- Exploring the possibility of an affordable and successful expansion into adjoining living or dining areas
- Suggestions for modern, smart solutions that enhance the functionality of the available space
- Offers thoughtful designs: Another quality that makes for a great kitchen designer is the ability to thoughtfully match your style and preferences with the overall layout and design choices. The designer’s proposals should address every minor or major aspect within your kitchen remodeling project. For example:
- Where to place the appliances and gadgets?
- Should the island hold the range or the sink?
- Is there a source of natural light, or does the kitchen need additional light fixtures?
- What is the ideal size, shape and material for the countertops and island?
- How many cabinets to build and with what materials? What other types of smart storage solutions to add?
- What type of backsplash, light fixtures and drawer or door pulls to select? This will depend on your design sensibilities (contemporary, rustic, Bohemian, shabby chic, etc.)?
Stunning Kitchen Makeovers Need Santa Clara Valley’s Remodeling Experts
At California Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers, we are passionate about remodeling kitchens to make them more stylish, luxurious and functional. Our skilled designers spend quality time understanding your lifestyle and needs, not just before we give you a quote, but throughout the planning phase. Probing deeper into your cooking methods, ingredient usage and storage, workspace and layout requirements, allows us to build you the kitchen of your dreams. We also recommend that you consider looking forward ten years or more, planning for aging in place through imaginative solutions that address specific mobility requirements.
Since 1994, we have transformed kitchens in homes across the Santa Clara Valley, including in San Jose, Santa Clara, Willow Glen, Almaden, Cambrian, Monte Sereno, Los Gatos, and Los Altos Hills, CA. Read these client testimonials to learn more about our creative concepts, master craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service.
Call CBKR, your trusted kitchen remodeling contractors at 408-360-9700 or contact us online to schedule an in-home consultation with a great kitchen designer. We can discuss a range of kitchen makeover ideas that mirror your lifestyle, maximize your budget and increase the value of your home.