Learn How to Prioritize Your Bathroom Renovation Budget
You are eager to make major upgrades in your bathroom. How can you ensure that you don’t overspend on non-essentials? You can achieve a sensational space without breaking the bank when you fully understand the factors that affect your bathroom remodel cost in San Jose. California Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers will work with you to set up a budget, starting with the high-cost items, to help you prioritize.
Essential High-Ticket Bathroom Features
Flooring, cabinets, fixtures, and countertops often account for the largest chunk of your budget. Our bathroom remodeling team can help you learn about these and other high-priced but necessary features you’ll need to plan for, such as:
- Cabinets and countertops: Expand storage capacity and give your bathroom a high-end look with durable, beautiful cabinets and countertops. Add glass doors to cabinets to improve visibility and display décor items safely. Custom cabinets installed under the sink or along the wall neatly store spare towels and cleaning supplies. Consider high-end cabinets made of real wood or inexpensive materials, such as laminate.
Faux or real granite countertops don’t cost as much for smaller bathroom counters. This might be a good item to include in your list of upgrades.
Other materials to consider include the following:
- Laminate (least expensive)
- Marble (most expensive)
- Custom concrete
- Plumbing: Our team will inspect your plumbing and provide an estimate for recommended upgrades. The condition of your plumbing can impact the placement of fixtures as well as overall layout changes. Discuss major moves that involve new placement for toilets, showers, sinks, or even double sinks. This could account for a large percentage of your budget. We will do everything we can to streamline changes and keep costs down.
- Flooring: Removing outdated vinyl sheets and replacing them with tiles will have a dramatic impact on your new bathroom. However, tiles cost more than vinyl and other flooring materials. If you want to incorporate specialty items, such as heated floors, these will further add to your bathroom remodel costs.
- Layout: Some older homes have outdated bathroom layouts that require modern innovations. For example, if you want to expand your bathroom or move the shower or toilet, it could give you more functional space. Talk with our experienced bathroom remodeling contractors in San Jose to maximize the return on investment on these and other major changes to your bathroom.
- Jacuzzis, rain shower heads, and other amenities: When you meet with our team for the initial consultation, don’t be shy to dream big. Include high ticket items such as steam units, body sensors, and heated towel bars. You can always scale back as your priorities change. However, it’s a good idea to create your wish list so you don’t forget essential elements. You can rely on us for the best remodeling ideas that will transform your bathroom into a relaxing oasis.
It’s time to start planning your bathroom renovation. Work with a knowledgeable contractor, such as California Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers, to ensure that you include all factors that affect your bathroom remodel cost.