Rein In Costs that Can Blow Your Budget
You have big dreams for your bathroom and lots of ideas are competing for your dollars. California Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers has a skilled team of designers and installers ready to help make your new bathroom spectacular in San Jose, Willow Glen, Almaden, Los Gatos, Cambrian, Monte Sereno, or Los Altos Hills. Before you finalize your budget, consider the key factors that affect your bathroom remodel cost.
Bathroom Remodeling Budget Breakdown
It’s important to understand the overall breakdown of your remodeling budget so you can avoid unnecessary expenses. From unexpected electrical and plumbing work to the rising cost of labor, there are many components that can derail your carefully budgeted bathroom renovation.
Here are the top 10 factors likely to affect your bathroom remodel cost in the San Jose area:
- Shocking electrical costs: If your electrical system hasn’t been updated recently, it may cost up to $5,000 to replace bathroom wiring and outlets. You’ll also need to run wiring for an exhaust fan if you don’t have one, and modern lighting fixtures require reliable connections to work properly. Our team can inspect your electrical system so you can include essential changes in your budget.
- Expensive plumbing changes: You may need to change the layout of your bathroom to maximize space and functionality. However, don’t underestimate the cost of the resulting plumbing changes or your funding may drain quickly.
- Potentially high permitting costs: According to Architectural Digest, you could pay between $100 to $1,000 for permits, depending on your location and the size of the job. However, it’s not a good idea to skip this step, as it can result in hefty fines and delays.
- ADA compliance: It’s a great idea to add grab bars, shower seating, and other ADA-compliant upgrades as part of your remodel. In fact, we highly recommend changes such as wider doorways and wall-mounted sinks that will support aging in place for yourself or an older adult in your household. Work with our remodeling experts to focus on changes that will make the most impact without a hefty price tag.
- Tiles and flooring materials: The type of flooring you choose will greatly contribute to your overall bathroom remodeling cost. Flooring materials also vary significantly in price and quality. However, while stone, hardwood, and tile flooring may cost more, these materials can also increase your home value. Just make sure to use water-resistant materials that stand up well to regular use.
- Size of your bathroom: Smaller bathrooms will typically require fewer materials than opulent home spas. They may also inspire more humble changes. For your large bathroom makeover, look for ways to rein in project scope to keep your costs within limits.
- Fixtures and appliances: Faucets, sinks, toilets, and hardware come in an array of styles and prices. Choose attractive materials that are resistant to corrosion and rust.
- Tubs and showers: From walk-in tubs and showers to hydro jets and fancy showerheads, you can quickly rack up a high bill in this area. You can choose to focus on functionality and essential changes rather than flashy finishes and hardware.
- Labor cost: Your labor costs will scale up or down in relationship to the complexity of your changes. Work with our expert bathroom remodelers and designers to make simple changes that impact the look and feel of your finished bathroom in a big way. That may include choosing tiles that are easier to install and make the room look bigger or using materials that are easier to work with, such as ceramic tiles versus porcelain ones.
- Your bathroom contractor’s track record: When you work with a reputable bathroom contractor, you can count on honesty and integrity. That can save you money on every aspect of your bathroom renovation.
Are you ready to start planning your new bathroom? If so, work with a contractor that considers all the key factors that affect your bathroom remodel cost. Contact us online or call 408-360-9700 for a free quote for your home in San Jose, Willow Glen, Almaden, Los Gatos, Cambrian, Monte Sereno, or Los Altos Hills.