6 Things to Get Ready for a Kitchen or Bath Remodeling Project
6 THINGS TO GET READY FOR A KITCHEN OR BATH REMODELING PROJECT
Top Tips for a Successful and Cost-Efficient Home Renovation
Renovating your home can be both exciting and unnerving. From prioritizing your expenses and making design choices to getting everything completed on time and on budget, you will have several things on your mind. Prepping for the makeover will help you focus on the important aspects that are likely to drive the successful completion of your project and ensure cost-efficiency. The experts at California Bathroom and Kitchen Remodelers suggest 6 essential things to get ready for a kitchen or bathroom remodeling project.
Take these Key Steps before a Kitchen or Bathroom Makeover
Some of the most important aspects that any homeowner seeks from a remodeling project are:
- An improved space that enhances the visual appeal and value of the home
- A lifestyle friendly layout and amenities that allow greater movement and functionality to meet your family’s needs and preferences
- Minimal mess and disturbance to your routine during the remodeling
- Completion of the project within agreed costs and timelines
- No surprises or hidden fees
With the right amount of foresight, patience, and attention-to-detail, you can navigate the renovation process smoothly from start to finish.
Here are 6 Things to Get Ready for a Kitchen or Remodeling Project
- Define your project scope: Determine the scope of work based on the money you can spend and your ability to stay home or move out during the renovations. It may be tempting to pile on multiple small projects into one major remodeling project. Check to see if your budget allows it. You will also need to decide whether you can live through longer periods of noisy and dusty demolition and construction.
- Think strategically: One of the ways to maximize your remodeling budget is to renovate those areas that will give you the most return on your investment. For example:
- A minor kitchen remodel can help you recoup 76% of the cost through an increase in your home value
- If you are considering upgrades for aging in place, think about a 5-10 year window, and plan your renovations ahead
- Do your homework: Look for inspiration on the internet. Scour through online platforms, such as Houzz, Pinterest, and Instagram. Track what you like and create an idea book. Visit home centers or ask for site walk-throughs to see the work done by your shortlisted remodelers.
- Find the right remodeling contractor: Whether you need a minor refresh or a complete transformation, choose your remodeling contractor wisely. Do they take the time to understand your lifestyle? Can they reimagine spaces and offer thoughtful, space-maximizing solutions? Are their past clients happy with their work and project delivery? Does their portfolio showcase quality craftsmanship and professional finishes?
- Get organized before the work begins: Once you have finalized a home remodeling contractor and signed off on the scope of work, get yourself and your family organized for the duration of the project:
- Take an audit of your belongings, clear out the areas where the work will take place, and keep only the essential items handy.
- There will be days when your home will feel like a revolving door of contractors, designers, and delivery people. Maintain peace of mind by updating your security systems, and install smart locks allowing controlled access to essential crew members.
- Take stock of other inconveniences and make necessary arrangement to minimize the disruption to your routine.
- Find options to keep children and pets away from the work areas.
- Maintain an open line of communication: No matter how well you plan your remodeling project, there is always the possibility of unforeseen obstacles. Hence, it is essential that you and your renovation team maintain an open line of communication and know what to expect from each other.
- Establish some ground rules on the traffic areas, daily cleanups, and protection of other spaces that are not part of the project
- Invest time in regular and timely progress updates
- Find mutually agreeable solutions for unexpected problems related to structural surprises, materials availability and delivery, or unsatisfactory execution
Call Santa Clara Valley’s Trusted Home Remodeling Specialists for Successful Makeovers
At California Bathroom & Kitchen Remodelers Inc., we offer comprehensive design and installation services for kitchen and bathroom makeovers. Our team of creative designers and master craftsmen are passionate about creating attractive and functional spaces that complement your lifestyle, reflect your personality, and increase the value of your home.
Happy homeowners across the Santa Clara Valley count on us for our personalized solutions, impeccable finishes, and efficient project management skills. See our gallery of projects completed for homes in San Jose, Santa Clara, Almaden, Willow Glen, Los Gatos, Los Altos Hills, and Monte Sereno, CA.
Looking for more tips on how to get ready for a kitchen or bathroom remodeling project? Call CBKR, your trusted home remodeling experts at 408-360-9700 to book a consultation or contact us online.